Episode #5 – December 29, 2022
Welcome to episode 5 of the Writing on Caffeine podcast. My daughter (Ragan Franzone) and I (Jonathan Franzone) are a father and daughter who have decided to write our very first novel. In this podcast, we are inviting you to come along on this journey with us.
In this episode, we talk about world-building. Writing fiction involves placing characters into a world. What does that world look like? Is it modern-day Earth? Is it Medieval Europe? Is it some alien planet that looks nothing like Earth? How do people dress? What religions are involved? These are some of the writing topics we dig into.
- Jonathan’s Author Blog
- Ragan’s Author Blog
- Brandon Sanderson’s Laws of Magic
Books We’re Reading
- [Ragan] The Shadow of What Was Lost by James Islington
- [Ragan] Insurgent (Divergent Series, 2) by Veronica Roth
- [Jonathan] Atlas Shrugged by Aynd Rand
- [Jonathan] Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- [Jonathan] The Lost Metal by Brandon Sanderson
- [Jonathan] Tactics by Greg Koukl